An established 50 bed critical access hospital in central Colorado has an exciting opportunity for a lively part time Speech Language Pathologist.
The experienced Speech Language Pathologist will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate patients and their speech, cognitive, linguistic, and swallowing disorders.
- Plan therapy programs designed for specific disorders.
- Conducts therapy specific for their patients’ disorders.
- Teaches caregivers and family members how to monitor and practice speech methods.
- Organize and maintain patient records.
- Teach safe swallowing techniques.
- Instruct diet modifications.
- Communicate with physicians, social workers, nurses, and ancillary staff members.
- Use specialized tools and treatments when needed.
The nonprofit hospital provides inpatient and home health speech therapy services to its tight-knit community. The Speech Language Pathologist will give conduct therapy specific to their patients disorders across the lifespan. The Speech Language Pathologist will provide therapy for pediatric patients. The Speech Language Pathologist opportunity is part time and the Speech Language Pathologist has flexibility to create a schedule that encourages work-life balance.
The Speech Language Pathologist will have their Speech Language Pathologist with Certificate of Clinical Competence (SLP-CCC) credentials. The Speech Language Pathologist will also have their Master’s degree in Speech Therapy or Speech Pathology and be certified by the American Speech-Language and hearing Association.
The hospital is located near two of the largest cities in Colorado. The Speech Language Pathologist will live close to urban shopping centers, entertainment, and airports, while living in community with others who enjoy a more rural lifestyle. Affordable housing, family-friendly communities, and parks located on every few blocks, make this a welcoming community for the Speech Language Pathologist and their family to live.
With unparalleled benefits, salary, and work-life balance, the Speech Language Pathologist will quickly feel a part of this friendly hospital and warm community. Apply today!