A rare opportunity for an RN Nurse Manager Medical Surgical Stepdown is now available in Coastal Delaware. Rare, because this Nurse Manager has the opportunity to open a new unit at this Magnet Health Systems' newest hospital.
The Nurse Manager of Med Surg and Intermediate Care (IMC) will join an extensive and well-respected international healthcare system that has won numerous awards. The hospital system is dedicated to moving the nursing profession forward and offers its employees unlimited opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement.
The Nurse Manager will work closely with the Senior Inpatient Nursing Director to staff and educate this 30-bed adapted acuity unit, which has 50 FTEs, though the team will grow. This Nurse leader will also play a large role as this unit and the hospital continue to expand. The Nurse Manager will have the support of RN Clinical Supervisors and a Clinical Educator.
Other responsibilities include:
- Advocate for and allocate available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current practice standards.
- Promote shared decision-making and professional autonomy by providing input - their own and that of their staff - into executive-level decisions and keeping staff informed of executive-level activities and vice versa.
- Enhance the practice environment is critical to the recruitment and retention of registered nurses with diverse backgrounds and appropriate education and experience.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process, day-to-day operations, standards of care, and attainment of goals of the organization.
- Collaborate with the nurse executive and others in organizational planning, innovation, and evaluation.
The state-of-the-art and brand new hospital is located near the coast, in one of the country's fastest-growing areas. There are countless recreational and cultural opportunities. Employees at the organization enjoy the coastal, suburban, city, or rural lifestyle depending on preference.
An experienced RN Manager or Nurse with leadership experience will earn quick interviews. The hospital seeks a dynamic nurse leader motivated to elevate the practice of its staff. The RN Manager of the Medical-Surgical Stepdown Unit will be offered a competitive benefit and compensation package.
Do not miss this ground-floor opportunity to develop and grow the culture of care and compassion at one of Delaware's newest hospitals.