An exciting opportunity is now available for a Lab Operations Manager for a start-up lab on a bustling University Campus near Harrisburg, PA.
The Lab Manager will join a university-based startup amid a rapid national expansion of its FDA Approved Covid-19 innovative testing modality. The university-founded company provides its partners with a powerful tool to quickly impact their organization and community in the battle to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. The companies patented test is being rapidly deployed at universities and businesses across the country, allowing students and employees to return to campus and work.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Lab, directing the day-to-day activities of laboratory personnel and overseeing adherence to procedures and best practices to achieve safe operations that meet the quality and volume operational requirements, including audits and budgets.
This critical position will also assist the Laboratory Operations Director in the safe and rapid startup of the labs and validation testing, staffing, training new associates, CLIA and FDA regulatory approvals, and implementing a robust quality management system.
The Laboratory Manager will be active in recommending process improvements, protocols and drive improvements.
- Certified as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS/MLS) in Microbiology and/or
- Generalist or certified as a laboratory technologist in Molecular Biology (ASCP)
- Master's degree and experience in high-complexity testing; OR
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical with experience or biological science and one year of training and experience in high-complexity clinical
- Experience undergoing FDA and CLIA inspections and approval audits
- Prior experience managing lab personnel
- Proven history as a collaborator and someone who drives toward results
The benefits for this company are among the best in the industry, and compensation is excellent. If you're an experienced Laboratory professional and looking for an exciting role with uncapped growth potential with a start-up lab, apply today!