Opportunities for RN Nurse Educators in most clinical specialties are open with an expanding DMV Healthcare System.
This growing hospital is commutable from DC, Maryland, and Northern VA. The hospital received a consumer rating as among the top 5 percent of hospitals across the nation for successful outcomes. This academic medical center is part of an integrated national health system that aligns multiple member institutions and affiliates. As a result, the opportunity for local, regional, and national growth is guaranteed.
The hospital is looking for a Stepdown, Cardiovascular, ICU, Trauma, Neuro, Surgical Services, Medical-Surgical, Oncology Nurse Educators to help orientate its new nurses, provide continuing education to experienced nurses, and participate in community outreach. This role's significant function will be to educate hospital staff, including nurses, technicians, and other personnel who contact inpatient Vascular patients. Nurses with various ICU / Critical Care Unit or Progressive Care Unit (PCU or IMC), Medical-Surgical, and Telemetry experience will be considered. In addition, Clinical Nurse Leaders (CNL) and Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) are encouraged to apply. The RN Educator will work closely with the Nurse Director of Professional Practice, who is dedicated to building a collaborative team of Nurse Educators.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Models as a subject matter expert, change agent, coach/mentor, and higher education facilitator.
- Identifies education/training needs and establishes programs with measurable student objectives.
- Supports the education and training needs of procedures, patient types, new equipment, and clinical documentation
- Solicits feedback through patient rounds, assessment of patient progress, and communication with staff.
- Assists in the facilitation of nursing orientation.
- Review, revise, develop, and administer curricula for approved clinical and non-clinical programs.
The hospital seeks qualified candidates and is motivated to move quickly. A candidate with an MSN or certifications including RN-BC, CNOR, CCRN, and CPAN, will earn interviews. Competitive salary and benefits are available; Do not miss this opportunity to join a growing team. The hospital is part of a growing academic national health system, and a brand-new regional health center is in plans, so the opportunity for growth abounds.
This hospital is motivated to move quickly with the right candidate so apply today!