A 273 bed hospital is seeking a Director of Medical Surgical services in sunny California!!!
The Director of Medical Surgical Services will report to the CNO and be responsible for providing daily and strategic administrative oversight in leadership and operational duties. The Director of MedSurg will provide patient care, managerial, and administrative supervision to all nursing units. The Medical Director will have at least a BSN, current RN, and current BLS. Additionally, the MedSurg Director will have at least 3 years of progressive management experience.
This for profit community hospital has been operating for 50 years. With the " Gold Seal of Approval" from the Joint Commission, this hospital provides extensive outpatient and inpatient services that include:
- Emergency Care: Available 24/7. They treat over 24,000 people each year from minor illnesses and injuries to serious life-threatening conditions.
- Surgical Services: Both inpatient and outpatient surgeries are performed in the state-of-the-art Surgery Department. They specialize in a wide range of surgical services including Orthopaedics and Spine, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, and many more.
- Maternity: They have beautiful birthing suites, located in the Women's Pavilion, providing a comfortable, home-like environment for mothers and newborns
- Newborn Intensive Care: If an infant requires specialized care, the NICU staff has the expertise to help.
- Sub-Acute: For patients needing long term care due to chronic respiratory and other conditions, the Sub-Acute Unit provides supportive care for both patient and family.
- Geriatric Behavioral Medicine: The inpatient center treats seniors experiencing mental health issues in a comfortable, safe environment.
- Diagnostic Imaging: They offer a wide array of diagnostic imaging services and have one of the few 128-slice CT scans in the area.
This renowned Medical Center is located in a booming part of LA, with gorgeous historical sites and delicious eateries. Downtown, comprising of diverse smaller areas such as Chinatown, Little Tokyo and the Arts District, offers renowned art museums, cutting-edge restaurants and hip bars. Modern high-rises mix with architectural landmarks and striking steel architecture. The Director of Medical Surgical Services will enjoy beautiful weather, a friendly community with a strong school system.