An experienced Laboratory Executive is needed to lead the scientific and technical growth of a rapidly expanding company in the CLIA Chief Scientific Officer's role.
Called a "Game Changer" by the national media, the Bio Lab company is swiftly deploying its FDA-approved Covid-19 tests to organizations across the country. As the company continues to grow, it seeks and an innovative CSO to impact this startup company and ultimately help halt the course of the Corona Virus pandemic.
The Chief Scientific Officer will join this university-founded and funded company, which provides its partners with a powerful tool to battle Covid-19. The company's tests have proven to be the difference between students being able to return to school, businesses remaining open, and the knowledge that an organization is doing all it can to keep its employees healthy.
The Chief Scientific Officer is responsible for directing and coordinating all scientific and technical aspects of CLIA Laboratories' operation nationally. The role includes setting administrative and clinical policy, coordinating the technical and support staff's activities, providing technical direction and interpretations, and performing critical evaluations of new and existing procedures.
The company has nearly a dozen labs open or pending across the country. The CSO will work closely with the CEO and COO to create and maintain new client relationships. The CSO will also play a role in expanding the reach of testing pioneered by the University. The CSO will work closely with the government, universities, companies, school districts, healthcare facilities, and other organizations to launch new sites.
- Standardization of national platforms
- Long-term strategy and vision
- Creating scalable and sustainable clinical and technical solutions
- Provide support to operations in responding to client requests that require scientific and/or regulatory requests
- Participate in and prepare responses to both internal and external technical and quality assurance audits as required.
- Participate in industry technical and trade groups to enhance the company's image as an industry leader, generate new business l leads, and strengthen market intelligence
- Provide guidance to C-Suite on industry trends.
- Identify subject matters (both technical and service-driven) for potential publication, presentation, etc., that help showcase CRL's technical and scientific expertise and dedication to customer service.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in biochemistry, virology, molecular biology, or related field.
- Ten or more years of experience in CLIA Laboratory, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong background in testing to include diagnostic laboratory, molecular biology, virology, microbiology, cell banks, vaccine, and analytical biochemistry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Must possess superior leadership and communication skills and have the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary department.
The CLIA Chief Scientific Officer will serve as the transformational clinical leader responsible for the scientific vision and its national deployment of labs and processes. They will combine continuous improvement and long-lasting partnerships to drive its evolution and growth in this critical startup phase. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to navigate a new company's clinical development while having a global scientific impact.