This trusted and established Acute Care Hospital in East Texas is actively interviewing for a Director of Materials and Supply Chain Management to lead the Materials Handling and Logistics team. Apply today, and join a leadership team and facility that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
At the heart of this amazing Eastern Texas acute care hospital is an environment of collaboration, communication, and compassionate care. The Materials Management and Supply Chain Director will join a facility that’s received the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Quality, that’s achieved recognition for its Stroke and Orthopedics programs, and has earned Baby Friendly status. Amazingly, this hospital also offers valuable community resources like health education, senior services, and volunteer opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Supply Chain Management will play a significant role in the daily and strategic operations of this busy Acute Care Hospital. Working in collaboration with leaders from Plant and Environmental Services, with Nursing and Physician Leadership, and with Ancillary Services, the Supply Chain Director will oversee purchasing, negotiations, and contracts management for this bustling medical center.
The Supply Chain and Materials Management Director will be the central touch point for a wide range of processes that directly influence the profitability and financial health of this Acute Care Hospital. This Director will have both internally and externally focused responsibilities to successfully fulfill this position.
- Internally, you’ll evaluate the facility’s current utilization and inventory tracking systems, making course corrections and process improvements where necessary. Diligent research in tracking product utilization, inventory levels, waste, and staff training will be important steps to developing a strong Materials Management Program.
- Externally, the Director will oversee forecasting inventory needs based on hospital utilization metrics and data collection, contract negotiations, and purchasing processes. Working with Clinical and Administrative Leadership, you’ll develop the parameters around usage tracking for a wide-array of products.
Experience in Acute Healthcare will be essential for the Supply Chain Director because of the complexity of this role and of the services this medical center provides the community. With 15 Operating Rooms, over 250-beds, over 1300 employees and 200 physicians, this Hospital has historically had a strong census. Experience with Materials Management programs for over 40 complex medical specialties will surely make you a strong contender.
As this health system and hospital work to reduce costs and streamline operations, other needed experience includes:
- Implementing and managing large-scale Medical Management Information Systems
- Navigating, negotiating, and managing Group Purchasing Organization relationships / stakeholders
- Centralized Materials / Supply Chain operations environment
- Capital Purchasing Processes: Financial Analysis, Economics, and Execution
- Hospital-based supply chain management
By applying, and joining this respected medical center in Eastern Texas, you will also be joining a community founded on being a good neighbor and taking care of one another. With great schools, a fantastic quality of living, and a friendly community of neighbors, East Texas is a great place to be. When it’s time to unwind, you’ll have many options at your fingertips. The lights, sounds, and action of Dallas are all just a short drive away. If the Materials and Supply Chain Director needs some fresh air, you’ll find boating, hiking, climbing, and biking waiting for you just around every bend in the road.
The Director of Supply Chain Management will join a strong health care system with the resources to provide excellent care for its patients. This person will play a key ‘behind-the-scenes’ role with a high amount of visibility, and will get to work closely with an excellent team as a result. For all this hard work, the Director will earn competitive salary and generous benefits package, with possibility for relocation assistance and sign-on.