An opportunity for a Vascular RN Nurse Educator has opened up at an expanding hospital just outside of Virginia Beach.
This growing hospital is just minutes away from the beaches. The hospital received a consumer rating as being among the top 5 percent of hospitals across the nation for successful outcomes. Its sister hospital is ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals in the region. The not-for-profit integrated health system aligns multiple member institutions plus several affiliates and is in the process of aligning a prestigious large academic healthcare system.
The hospital is looking for a Stepdown, Vascular, or Cardiovascular Nurse Educator to help orientate its new nurses and provide continuing education to experienced nurses and participate in community outreach. A large function of this role will be to provide education to hospital staff, including nurses, technicians, and other personnel who contact inpatient Vascular patients. Nurses with a variety of ICU and Critical Care Unit or Progressive Care Unit ( PCU or IMC) experience will be considered for the role. Clinical Nurse Leaders (CNL) and Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) are encouraged to apply.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Models as a subject matter expert, change agent, coach/mentor, and higher education facilitator.
- Identifies education/training needs and establishes programs with measurable student objectives.
- Supports the education and training needs of procedures, patient types, new equipment, and respective documentation of clinical intervention. Solicits feedback through patient rounds, assessment of patient progress, and communication with staff.
- Assists in the facilitation of nursing orientation.
- Will review, revise, develop, and administer curricula for approved clinical and non-clinical programs based on best practice, trending of benchmarked data.
The hospital is actively seeking qualified candidates and is motivated to move quickly. A candidate with an MSN will earn interviews. Competitive salary and benefits are available. Do not miss this opportunity to join a growing team. The hospital is part of a growing academic national health system, and a brand-new regional health center is in plans, so the opportunity for growth abounds.
This hospital is motivated to move quickly with the right candidate so apply today!